The lovely Shopping options of Instagram offer you the opportunity to market products straight to consumers. This creates an exceptional chance for B2C brands on Instagram. With the IG Shopping options, companies cannot only turn followers into customers, but they can also give your website a healthy boost.
A recent study reported that brands posted an average traffic increase of 1,416% as well as a 20% increase in Instagram purchase options. New features like stickers in your IG stories as well as a shopping channel on IG Explore offer still more options to companies endeavoring to expand their own customer base and also grow their very own brand on IG social media.
In this post, we’ll explain the various great shopping features of IG and how your brand can sell on the platform.
What are the great shopping features of Instagram and how can brands use them?
Instagram offers 3 key shopping features that businesses should know about: the shopping tags in publications, the shopping tags in stories, and shopping channel on IG Explore.
#1. Use Of Shopping Feature In Posts Integrating Product Tags
The shopping feature in your posts allows you to put up as much as 5 products per publication or 20 per carousel.
To Actually Add Product Tags To Your Posts:
- Choose one of your uploaded photos.
- Touch a product in the photo you want to tag.
- Enter the name of the product you want to tag and select it as it appears in the search box
- Finish the process by touching done.
- You can provide up to 5 products per image or 20 products per publication with multiple images.
#2. Use Of Shopping Feature In Stories By Adding Your Product Stickers
The shopping feature in Stories is a new element that allows brands to tag photos and videos from Instagram stories with Stickers of comparable products. With stories on your company profile page, these brand stickers are a great way to increase engagement as well as revenue.
To truly add product or brand stickers to your own Instagram stories:
- Select a photo or video to upload your story.
- Touch the sticker’s icon in the upper right corner and select the product name.
- Select the product you want to include in your product catalog.
- Place the product stickers where it should appear in your story.
- Only one product sticker or label per story is allowed, and you can combine it with highlights, wipe-ups, and videos.
#3. What In The World Is The Instagram Shopping Channel?
Instagram has recently started to set up its own shopping channel in its explore area. Prior to the release, as we navigated to the Explore section of Instagram, we saw above a series of tabs on topics such as decoration, food, and travel.
Now you will also come across a tab titled Shopping, in which Instagram users can search for products that are tailored to their interests.
This is a good advantage for companies that have shoppable tags as well as stickers in their very own posts because they have the opportunity to be seen by whole new followers.
Brands don’t need to take action to ensure that their eligible posts are published on the shopping channel. If you create a publication with compiled tags, Instagram says it’s shared on the Explore channel, which can be viewed by 200 million IG accounts daily.
The IG Tagged product posts might be shown to persons who show a great interest in purchases and a possible interest in your very own brand or products”.
How Does Shopping On Instagram Work For Consumers?
Whether you’re adding publications to tagged products or perhaps stickers in stories out there, the experience of Instagram customers is the same.
When a user notices a product he is interested in, he touches the item tag. This is a small box that displays the name and price of the item. Once the viewer touches the tag, a product page is invoked that contains:
- A very bigger picture of the product
- A title containing the full name of the product and the price
- A View on Site button that directs the reader directly to the product page of the company website
- A description button that can touch the view to learn more about the product
- If necessary, a smaller picture of other products that appear on the original photo
- A mini-navigation area that allows the viewer to browse through all the products in the catalog
- The product’s image, title, and buttons are displayed in the top half of the page.
All other information and images can be scrolled to the bottom of the page. The View on your own Website tab will lead the reader straight to the brand page on your own website so a buyer could make a purchase or maybe explore more of the products.
What Are The Criteria For Selling Products On Instagram?
Before adding product labels or stickers approved for shopping on this social media. Currently, its shopping features are available only to companies that sell mainly physical products.
To Become A Seller On Instagram, You Need To:
- Create an Instagram Business Profile if you don’t already have a profile.
- Follow Instagram’s business agreements and business policies.
- Create a catalog of Facebook products on one of the following platforms:
- Your Facebook Business Manager account
- Your Facebook business page
- Your Shopify account
- Your BigCommerce account
- Brands whose products are country or age-restricted are not compatible and cannot be sold on Instagram.
As soon as your business meets all the selling criteria, your account will be reviewed to access the Instagram Shopping features. This usually takes at least a few days but may take longer if, for some reason, additional verification is required for your account.
As soon as your business has been approved for sale on this social media, you will get a notification and then you can enable product tagging in your Instagram account settings.
Instagram Shopping Offers New Opportunities For Businesses
Before the launch of Stories in September 2018, companies with fewer than 10,000 followers had no way to include external links in the stories.
The new product stickers in Stories are an excellent opportunity for small and medium-sized brands that otherwise would not be able to include external links in their stories.
Larger brands for which the swipe-up feature is already available in stories should try and experiment to find out which buy option has the highest conversion rate.
The shopping channel on IG Explore appears to be a new and promising way to discover brands by potential customers. In addition to the existing product tags and stickers in stories, these features provide businesses with incredible opportunities to attract and convert Instagram users.